Saturday, September 02, 2006

Peeler crab for bait - How to keep peelers

Peeler crab article

peeler crab for bait - peelers peeleringAbout a year ago I wrote a page on the Whitby sea anglers website about keeping peeler crabs in tanks in filtered sea water to reduce the effort involved in changing water etc whilst keeping peelers. For some reason Google has ignored this webpage and very few people have viwed the peeler crab article. To give it a bit more of an airing I will post a link to it here in the blog where hoipefully more eyes will se it.


This article will cover the fairly untouched subject of keeping peeler crabs in tanks using filtered sea water which reduces the work necessary to keep healthy crabs to use for your bait. I love fishing with Peeler crab and it is one of the countries top baits for many species including cod, bass, flounder, coalfish and quite a few others. Most aspects of catching and using peelers are well covered in internet articles but when I found very little information on keeping them in a tank I decided to write about it. Please click here to read more of the Peeler crab article

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great article glenn - now if only i could convince Wendy........

Stuart
Sea Fishing and Walking in the UK

Glenn Kilpatrick said...

If you use a real lot of peelers it can save you a lot of hard work. Also works real good for the velvet swimmers which most people struggle to keep. After my initial visit to the sea I have only had to go back 3 times since I set up in early may and Im still running the tank at the moment. Infact it will probably run all winter too as I make a few alterations and use it for mussels and lugworms too which will also keep forever.