Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fishing tonight

Well after that blow I decided to head out and do a bit of fishing. I went up onto sandsend cliffs at roughly 8 O'clock and fished the ledges untill about 11. I only had 1 bite which I thought was Probably a Rockling. I bumped into Dave Perett along the way and he had had nothing also. On the way off I bumped into Paul Lobley and his m8 from Middlesbrough who was just winding in a small codling which was probably just legal size (looks like we might have to carry our measures this year). Paul said he was out for a night session and was heading down to fish the low water over at Port mulgrave then on again to fish the flood tomorrow at Cowbar jetty. I dont know where he gets his motivation from and his ability to cope with no sleep. 3 hours on the cliffs was more than enough. Perhaps if I had more bites I might have felt a little different, but It is only August and the tide was a 4.2. Not the best for catching I must admit.

The surf dudes were out in force - I wonder If they Know there are big sharks about.

Fishing at sandsend cliffs on Bernies ledge, rabbit holes top of the world goat track and high cliff

fishing at bernies ledge on sandsend cliffs - copyright to Glenn Kilpatrick Whitby Fishing Club

No comments: