Monday, September 04, 2006

North East Fishing - Top 8 north east fishing baits

I have recently created a page on the Whitby sea anglers site that gives my top 8 baits for north east sea fishing. The list reads as follows.




1. Number 1 bait whilst fishing for cod from the rocks on the north east coast has to be the peeler crab. 1,2 or even 3 common shore or velvet peeler crabs whipped onto a 5 or 6 ° hook with elasticated cotton has to be the way to go. If its a big north east cod your after then peeler crab will give you the very best chance.

2. Lugworm - On its day the Blow or black lug will out fish anything you can lay your hands on. I've had to go home before today because I've sickened myself watching others catch fish whilst I couldn't get a bite simply because I had no lugworm in my bait bucket. If the cod are hunting lugworm no other bait will do. A fantastic bait if there are small codlings (1-2 pounds) about.

For the rest of the top north east biats article please click here.

No comments: